Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hey Gang, It's Gordon Liu!

While attending last month's Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal, I had the pleasure of meeting Hong Kong film legend Gordon Liu at a special exhibt of original Hong Kong movie posters from the collection of HK film expert, Toronto International Film Festival Midnight Madness programmer and all-around good guy Colin Geddes, whom I'd traded various phone calls and e-mails with for years but never met before (and it turns out we had a lot more in common than I thought). Liu, a special guest of the festival, was also there for a screening of a newly restored print of DISCIPLES OF THE 36TH CHAMBER. This magic moment was recorded by good pal (and Fantasia programmer) King-Wei Chu and here it is for you to enjoy:

Look how excited we are to meet each other!

But seriously, Gordon Liu is total coolness. And I met him, which makes me cool by default.

No comments: