Wednesday, March 5, 2008

That Is One Great Fucking Poster.

Kudos to whomever cooked up this poster for THE BANK JOB.
No matter how good or bad the film is (and I hear it's pretty good), someone came up with the right way of selling it, albeit by "right" I mean artistically and perhaps not commercially. The film is meant to be in the style of those many great British thrillers of the late 60s and early 70s, the kind that Michael Caine starred in that would later be remade with Jude Law, and the poster gets this across just right. You don't see Jason Statham brandishing a gun or running with a bag full of cash, you just see him sitting there, waiting for something to happen. A great poster is supposed to not only entice you to see the film, but it should also encompass the tone of the film itself and I've got a good feeling that they've done this here. I don't know who cooked this campaign up, but kudos to Lionsgate for running with it, because they're not taking the easy sell on it and that's to be commended.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, but I'm hoping to squeeze THE BANK JOB in at some point. I hope it lives up to the poster.

No comments: