Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hamburger Dude

Little did I know when I went to my friend Kayla Kromer's housewarming on Saturday that I would be seen in the shot that went around the world - or certain parts of the internet, at least. I think that it's great that so many people are digging the Cheeseburger bed (Kayla doesn't want to call that, but if it's got cheese on it then it's a cheeseburger bed, end of story) and I can't help but admire all the work and effort that Kayla put into this (fellow pal Jasmine Baker supplied the pickle pillow and sesame seeds). She mentioned to me how much she wanted a Hamburger Bed after seeing one in HAMBURGER - THE MOTION PICTURE (which screened at the Alamo a few months back) and I never doubted she would make it happen, though I didn't think it would capture so many people's imagination. It's a damn comfortable bed, by the way, and incredibly toasty warm, too (helps on those cold January nights). I don't know if this is going to end up the big internet sensation of 2009, but kudos to Kayla for sticking to her vision of a burger-filled slumber and making it happen. The Hamburger Bed should be an inspiration to us all.

Feel free to befriend it on Facebook, by the way.

(photo by Heather Leigh Kennedy)

No comments: