Monday, September 1, 2008

Product Placement I Can Really Get, Uh, Behind.

Movie product placement are such a dime-a-dozen these days, but it's always a lot more fun when movies make up products of their own, items that might possibly be real. The likes of Red Apple cigarettes and Duff Beer, when they work, add to the fun of a movie, helping to create a world that these characters live in that's just a little bit different from our own. Occasionally, such fake products become real (like Scooby Snacks and Cheezy Poofs), but are any of them any good? Not really. That said, I've got to admit that I've been enjoying a fair amount of Booty Sweat these days.

For those who haven't seen Ben Stiller's entertaining TROPIC THUNDER yet (not the funniest thing I've ever seen, but still a good time) Booty Sweat is an energy drink from one of the film's characters, hip-hop star Alpa Chino (played by Brandon T. Jackson) and it plays into the plot at certain points, even showing up as a commercial at the start of the film (seen below). Thing is, Dreamworks actually produced a run of Booty Sweat and made it available at theaters showing the movie and it turns out a be pretty damn good. It might even be the best energy drink I've ever had, although I'm no expert. It's pretty much a spikier version of Cherry 7up, but it goes down pretty easily and it certainly does supply one with a lot of energy; I've been using it to help me stay up for the Weird Wednesdays and Terror Thursdays midnight shows here and it works real well. Best thing about it is that it really does taste like booty, and fine, curvaceous booty, at that. I know that it won't be around very long, but for as long as Booty Sweat is on the market (and I've seen it on shelves) it's my energy drink of choice. Love that Booty!

Now where's Bust-a-Nut?

No comments: